A Christmas Fairy Trail: Volunteers Wanted!
Archerfield Walled Garden and Rogue Village are looking for volunteers for A Christmas Fairy Trail, an exciting new event taking place at Archerfield Walled Garden (Dirleton, East Lothian) this winter.
This is a great opportunity to be part of an incredible large scale, artistic event up close, as well as gain experience and an understanding of event production from the back-end. You will receive a ticket allocation for friends and family as well as a meal and hot drinks whilst on duty.
About the event
Enter Archerfield’s mystical fairy trail and get lost in a world of fairies, elves and folklore. There is no time more magical than Christmas and New Year for the forest folk as they transform their woodland home into a shimmering, spellbinding, spectacle! Welcome to a place where wishes come true, resolutions are made and magical things happen. The elves and fairies invite you to explore their forest village and get lost in a world of bright lights, dancing forest folk and beautiful woodland. With live performers and lighting design from JMP Productions, whose recent credits include the opening of The Queensferry Crossing, The Enchanted Castle and Snowdrops by Starlight, you do not want to miss East Lothian's biggest Christmas event.
What will I be doing?
Volunteers will support the stewarding of the event. This will include customer-facing roles such as ticket checks, directing customers, manning key positions on the trail and being our eyes and ears on the ground to ensure a safe and smooth running of the event. There will also be general event production support. You will be expected to commit to a minimum of four days during the event run but are welcome to do more.
What do I need to know?
- The event takes place from Wednesday 13 December 2017 – Saturday 6 January 2018 with shifts from 4-9.30pm
- It will be cold! You must be comfortable working in that environment and have suitable clothing to do so
- You will be required to make your own way to/from the venue. East Coast Buses operate the 124 service with direct routes from North Berwick, Edinburgh, Musselburgh, Longniddry, Gullane etc
- You will be willing to commit to volunteering for at least four event days
- You must be aged 16 or over
- You must also be available on Friday 1 December or Monday 4 December for a short informal interview and Tuesday 12 December for a training day
What’s in it for me?
- We will provide each volunteer with an allocation of four tickets to the show for friends and family
- We will provide a meal and hot drinks on each shift you work
- You will gain experience of working on a large scale event
- On completion of your volunteering role we can write you a reference
- We’re a fun team and it’s a fantastic event. We’d like to think you’ll have great time with us!
Deadline for Application: Tuesday 28 November 2017 @ 3pm
Interviews: Friday 1 December or Monday 4 December 2017
Training Session: Tuesday 12 December 2017 (afternoon)
To be considered please send a short email or video outlining why you’d like to volunteer, what makes you suitable for the role and any relevant experience to email@example.com by Tuesday 28 November 2017 at 3pm.
Suitable applicants will be invited to an informal interview by 6pm on Wednesday 29 November 2017. Interviews take place on Friday 1 December or Monday 4 December 2017.